1510 WEST ELM AVE • MITCHELL SD 57301 • 1-605-996-2365
The John Paul II Elementary School faculty and staff share the conviction that every child can learn, and every child can learn to lead a life of service. We carry out a great mission to serve God by building knowledge and character of our young people.
Holy Family Catholic Church
Holy Spirit Catholic Church
By teaching the Word of God, we prepare our students to follow a path of virtue, compassion, and sacrifice for the rest of their lives. And by insisting on high standards for academic achievement, John Paul II Elementary School has a competitive, yet friendly and fun-filled learning atmosphere.
The John Paul II Elementary “extended family” is comprised of pastors, administration, faculty, staff, parents, and volunteers who are committed to enhancing the academic experience at our school.
At John Paul II Elementary, students grow and develop skills, habits, knowledge and faith. Religious instruction is an integral part of our education process. Students prepare and participate in weekly school liturgies. Our students continually earn high scores and demonstrate excellent growth in academic areas on formal, informal and standardized tests. Our professional and dedicated staff help all students achieve their fullest potential in safe and positive environments.
John Paul II Elementary School has an experienced teaching staff committed to our mission. We strive for low student/teacher ratios. We employ educational assistants and library staff and certified academic services, physical education, vocal and instrumental music, and computer teachers. We are fully accredited by the state of South Dakota.
Points of Interest
- John Paul II Elementary is under the auspices of the Diocese of Sioux Falls
- John Paul II Elementary is accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education
- John Paul II Elementary is a member of the National Catholic Education Association and SD Christian School Association
- 100% of John Paul II Elementary classroom teachers are certified
- John Paul II Elementary School is supported by the Mitchell Catholic Community.